Richest person under 40 in Turkey is İman Çolakoğlu, he is 27 years old. The oldest rich person in Turkey is Necati Akçağlılar. He is 86 years old. He is one of the founders of Tekfen Holding. Olgun Zorlu is a millionaire under 40. He inherited from his family. Olgun Zorlu is the nephew of the owner of Zorlu Group. The second richest person in Turkey is Ferit Şahenk, he is the owner of Doğuş Group. He is 46 years old. His net worth is over 10 million dollars. Murat Ülker is the third richest person in Turkey with his net worth of 7-8 million dollars. He is 51 years old. No let’s look at the world’s richest people under 40.
• Sergey Brin and Larry Page They are the co-founders of Google. They are 37 years old and their net worth is $17.5 billion. Sergey Brin is Russian and Larry Page was born in Michigan. They met Ph.D. program for computer science at Stanford University and left in 1988 school to start the company.
• Mark Zuckerberg He is the founder of Facebook. He is 25 years old and his net worth is $4.0 billion. He is the world’s youngest billionaire. He started Facebook from his Harvard dorm in 2004 and then he dropped out of Harvard. Facebook now has over 300 million members.
• John Arnold He is the founder of Centaurus Advisors. He is 36 and his net worth is $4.0 billion. He finished Vanderbilt University in 3 years. He grew up in Dallas. Her father was a lawyer and her mother was an accountant. In 1995, he started to work in Enron and Enron got bankrupted he founded Centaurus Energy in 2002.
• Biz Stone and Evan Williams They are the founder of Twitter. Biz Stone is 36 years old and Evan Williams is 38. They both graduated from high school.
• Prince Albert von Thurn und Taxis German prince inherited his fortune when he became 18 and now he is 26 years old. His net worth is $2.2 billion. He attended to high school in Rome, and had M.A. in economics and theology in University of Edinburgh in Scotland. He is also a race car driver.
• Seth Macfarlane He is the creator and the executive producer of the television show, Family Guy. He is 37 years old. He is the highest paid television writer and producer. He also signed a deal with Google to create online comedy sketches. Family Guy, won an Emmy award and the first animated show to win an Emmy since 1961.
• Daniel Ziff He inherited his money from his father, William Ziff Jr. who died in 2006.He is 38 years old and his net worth is $4.0 billion. He finished Columbia University. By using Ziff Brothers Investments, he invests in hedge funds, real estate, equities and corporate debt. In the research that was done by TubeMogul, the 10 people who earned a lot of money by Youtube were disclosed. Cenk Uygur is the ninth richest person who earned his money by Youtube and also he is the only Turkish person in the list. The owns The Young Turks channel which airs politic programs. He earned 112.000 dolars by Youtube and he has 154 million followers.
GYIAD (Genç Yönetici ve İş Adamları Derneği)
GYIAD is an association that contains business owners and managers in Turkey that are 25 to 45 years old. GYIAD has people who are representing business world during the Turkey – EU negotiation process, who believes in GYIAD’s vision and people who develops new ideas for personal progress and for Turkey. It was founded in 1986. GYIAD was founded to find solutions for the problems of young managers and businessman, to represent these people in different platforms. Also, GYIAD was founded to represent business world during the EU-Turkey negotiation process. The head of GYIAD is Pınar Eczacıbaşı. We can see that when we compare the youngest rich people in American and Turkey we can see that the amounts of people are less and the ages of people are higher.
Sources: http://www.forbes.com/2009/03/09/youngest-billionaires-richest-billionaires-rich_slide_12.html http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/10/billionaires-2010_The-Worlds-Billionaires_Rank_11.html http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/fortune/0910/gallery.40_under_40.fortune/19.html http://www.gyiad.org.tr/kurucu_uyeler.php http://karsihaber.com/cenk-uygur-yotube-para-kazaniyor.html,01f43b Forbes Turkey – 2010