We, the editors of TRA have decided to announce the ethical standards for this platform as we see that the more we develop, the more influential and perhaps risky decisions we have to be make. After long discussions, we have decided to be very transparent about our standards. They may seem quite simple, but when one says each and every one of the articles and videos published in TRA has an obligation to meet these criteria, one can see the effect. Our priority is the journalistic values we so yearn for in the professional world and we vow to be a young role model. Yes, not very humble, but we vow to be The Right Angle.
TRA vows to
– be trustworthy
– be credible
– be honest
– accountable and transparent and accept mistakes
– be independent (including the quality of journalism to counter efforts by special interests to control the work of TRA )
– respect individual rights
– raise awareness on contemporary issues
– raise standards and build trust in journalism.